map email phone

Deceased Estates

Have you been left out of a will or not been left an appropriate amount? If so, you may be entitled to apply to the Court for your fair share and entitlement from an estate. There are many requirements which need to be met to make a claim, and strict time limits apply, so you need to receive advice from experienced deceased estate solicitors. Murdoch Clarke has a number of solicitors with over 20 years experience in dealing with these types of matters, so contact Murdoch Clarke to be advised about your entitlement to make a claim.

Making A Claim

If you have been left out of a will or not provided with your fair share, you may be entitled to make a claim pursuant to the Testators Family Maintenance Act. Claims normally need to be made within a strict time frame, so if you haven’t been provided for you should obtain advice as soon as possible.

What You Need

If you believe you have a claim you should :

  • obtain a copy of the will
  • write down what you believe is the property to be divided
  • write down why you believe you are entitled to more
  • obtain details of any witnesses who might support your case

All of this may prove crucial and will assist your lawyer to swiftly progress your case.

Choosing Your Lawyer

Murdoch Clarke are Tasmanian Testators Family Maintenance specialists. Many of the successful applicants in the Supreme Court over the past 20 years have been represented by Murdoch Clarke. These claims can be complex, so you need an experienced lawyer to obtain the best possible outcome.